Our school opened in the year 1959. The original plan was to name it Ainako Elementary school, however during construction the district superintendent, Ernest Bowen de Silva, passed away. Mr. de Silva was once a teacher and a principal. Upon his death the school was renamed in his honor becoming Ernest Bowen de Silva Elementary school or better known as E.B. de Silva. The first principal appointed was Mrs. Muriel Isherwood.
When the school opened, there was only an office, a cafeteria, four classroom buildings, and a play field. Today, we enjoy the addition of also a library, kindergarten playground, covered court, and a lovely botanical garden.
The school has proudly been operating for over 50 years.